Holiday Beauty Ahead! The 5 Most Important Things You Can Do in November to Glow Through December
They’re coming! The holidays, the parties, the rush, the family, the food, the fun!
Don’t be caught unprepared. Add these 5 holiday beauty prep tips to your to-do list. No matter how fast the holidays approach, you’ll be ready to dazzle!
- Keep to your skincare routine. Up early or out late, you still need to take a few moments every day to care for your skin. Develop and stick to a regular regimen that includes cleansing and hydrating every morning—plus a broad-spectrum sunscreen applied every day, even when the El Niño rains come through—and makeup removal followed by retinols, serums, or other special overnight boosts before hitting the pillow. Products selected to suit your skin’s particular needs make it easy. Call or email me for suggestions!
- Hydrate inside and out. When you’re rushing around, have a water bottle at hand. Drinking enough water flushes toxins from your skin and promotes healthy cell turnover. In cool, dry weather add an all-over body moisturizer after your shower.
- Nourish your skin with good eating choices. Holiday splurges will happen, but prep for them by sticking to antioxidant-rich veggies and fruits, lean protein, and whole grains when you’re not at the Thanksgiving table or the office party buffet. Great skin tip: Healthy fats, like avocado, nuts, and olive oil, make you feel full and satisfied in smaller amounts than sugary or fried treats—and do wonders for your skin, too!
- Cross stress off your list. Anxiety and stress play havoc with your skin, prompting acne and rosacea flares and sleepless nights that lead to pillow wrinkles. Wherever you can, take opportunities to ease up—a quick walk in the fresh air, a few minutes of mindful meditation, or a yoga stretch. Treating yourself to one of our luxurious facials or other spa services from Sandra is another great way to unwind and seize the glow!
- Schedule cosmetic treatments early for best holiday results. Many peels, injectables, laser treatments, and other cosmetic services all time or multiple sessions to yield lasting effects. Now is the time to book! If you’re not sure what kind of holiday dazzle to shoot for, call or email me for your complimentary consultation. I’ll help you develop a plan that fits your unique needs and your budget!