Is Sclerotherapy right for you?
Schedule a complimentary consultation.
Spider veins are small, thin clusters of red or purple veins situated near the skin surface. Injections with Asclera, and FDA approved mild sclerosing solution is used to collapse and fade spider veins and this procedure is conveniently performed in your dermatologist’s office.
Spider veins usually take on one of three basic patterns, which are:
- Spider Shaped; which is a web-shaped pattern in a true spider shape with veins extending out from a darker, central part.
- Branch Shaped; which resemble the tiny branches that appear on trees. These are usually found on the outer thigh.
- Line Shaped; which may manifest as separate, thin lines and are usually found on the inner knee. These are simply linear and appear as thin separate lines.
What Are the Benefits of Sclerotherapy?
Most patients are pleased with the difference Sclerotherapy makes. The skin of your legs will appear younger, clearer and more healthy-looking. If you have been wearing long skirts and slacks to hide your spider veins, you will be surprised at the dramatic difference in appearance between your treated and untreated legs.
Some of the benefits of Sclerotherapy include:
- Lightening and fading of spider veins
- Smoother looking legs
- Possible reduction of leg discomfort
- The effects of spider vein removal are permanent although it is not able to prevent new veins from appearing.
- Relatively non-invasive compared to standard surgical techniques
- No general anesthesia complications
- No issues associated with incisions
- No actual downtime
- Procedure performed on an outpatient basis
- Virtually pain-free
- Less painful and fewer side effects than with traditional sclerotherapy with saline
The procedure provides excellent cosmetic results, which can lead to increased self-confidence and self-esteem.
In most cases you can resume regular activities immediately but vigorous activity or excessive standing is not advised for 48 hours. Following your treatment, your veins may darken, and the area may appear bruised. Support hose after treatment is recommended because this application of pressure will help reduce side effects and aid in more effective healing and treatment. After the treatment of larger vessels, the affected area may appear pigmented, but this is temporary and will fade over time. Any discomfort can be easily managed with over the counter pain medications, and is alleviated by the use of compression bandages or hose.
Our treatment suites are equipped with the latest dermatological lasers, for advanced, safe, comfortable treatment of your skin's medical and cosmetic needs. Our in-house Acne Treatment Center offers complete care for all ages and acne stages. We offer a full line of skin care products designed to suit your unique...View More