Botox® Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Botox®?
Botox® is a purified protein, approved by the FDA to temporarily improve moderate to severe frown lines, crow’s feet, and horizontal lines on the forehead.
2. How does Botox® work?
Botox® temporarily reduces muscle activity, relaxing the folds made by frowning or squinting.
3. What is the difference between Botox® and dermal fillers?
Botox® acts on the muscles themselves, smoothing the lines. Fillers are used to replace lost volume, reducing the appearance of deep folds or wrinkles.
4. How long does Botox® last?
The average Botox® treatment lasts approximately 3 to 4 months.
5. Are Botox® injections painful?
You will feel a quick sting with each injection.
6. Which areas on my face can I have Botox® injected?
The most common treatment areas are the forehead, frown line (between the eyebrows), and crow’s feet, but Botox® may also be used to smooth areas of the neck and jawline.
7. How long until I can see the final results after my first treatment?
You will see results within 3 to 5 days in most cases.
8. Will I still be able to make facial expressions?
Yes. The effects of Botox® on muscle movement are subtle and limited to the treatment area.
9. Can I have an allergic reaction to Botox®?
Allergic reactions to Botox®, though possible, are very rare.
10. What are the risks and side effects?
Headaches and bruising are among reported, but rare, side effects. Your doctor will discuss these, along with expected results and any possible risks, with you.
11. How often will I need Botox® treatment?
Every person is different. Your frequency of treatment will depend on your desired results. The average interval between treatments is 3 to 4 months.
12. How is the recovery time?
There is no downtime with Botox® injections. You can return to work or your regular routine immediately following treatment.
13. Can I have Botox® along with other skin care cosmetic treatments?
Yes, we typically inject Botox® and fillers at the same treatment time, to maximize complementary results.
14. How do I know whether Botox® or a dermal filler is right for me?
We offer complimentary cosmetic consultations and will let you know if fillers and Botox® are appropriate for you. You will leave with an understanding of how they work, what the costs are, and what you can expect from your treatment.
Our treatment suites are equipped with the latest dermatological lasers, for advanced, safe, comfortable treatment of your skin's medical and cosmetic needs. Our in-house Acne Treatment Center offers complete care for all ages and acne stages. We offer a full line of skin care products designed to suit your unique...View More